Choose the right search for you:
- If you want to find all instructors in your area, search either by county or by the first two letters of your postcode (eg GU).
- If you want to know if there are any instructors who are very local to you, then use the city/town search or a more precise postcode search (eg GU32).
Director of Mama's Pilates and Antenatal Educator
|Name of Qualification||Level of qualification (e.g. BCs, Level 3 etc)||Awarding/examining body||Date qualification awarded dd/mm/yy|
|Exercise to music||Level 3||YMCA||1988|
|Pilates Teacher||Level 3||Alan Herdman||1991|
|Massage therapist||Level 3||ITEC||1990|
|Assessor||Level 4||City and Guild||2012|
|Safe dance practitioner||Level 5||Laban||2012|
|Awards Center||Level 3 Diploma in Pilates||YMCA Awards||2012|
|Antenatal Educator||Dip Ed||University of Luton||2013|
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Mat and Apparatus Pilates
- Antenatal Education - advice to new parents on childbirth, birthing positions, pain relief and other topics around parenting and childbirth
- Diastasis Recti and rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor health and dysfunction and prolapse recovery
- Pelvic Girdle Pain and Pilates rehabilitation
- Assisted birth and C Section recovery and advice
Rachel Rafiefar is a Master Pilates teacher and established the first Pilates training for Pre and Postnatal Pilates in 2000 when she was a director of the Pilates Foundation UK Ltd. Since then, she has gone on to train many teachers in this specialised area across Europe. She is also an Antenatal Educator and has a depth and passion for working with Pregnancy and Postnatal women and their partners. She is the founder of Mama's Pilates which offers support and advice to mums when pregnant and postnatal as well as offering a teacher training platform for Pilates teachers who want to specialise in this area.
She has taught for and delivered workshops and training courses for the National Childbirth Trust, the Guild of Pregnancy and Postnatal Exercise teachers, the Zen school of Shaitsu, the University of Derby. She is currently co -author for national guidelines for Dance with Dance UK and for horse riders with Equi-Pilates. She is a Director of the Independent Pilates Teachers Association and The Thoughtful Body Teacher Training programme. She is a Pilates Assessor. Rachel is also available for personal consultations in exercise and childbirth via the internet for concerns and queries.